The CSO Announces The 2021 Archdiocese of Boston Excellence in Education Award Recipients
BRAINTREE, MA (May 14, 2021): This week the Archdiocese of Boston Catholic Schools Office, with support from the Catholic Schools Foundation, announced the 10 recipients of the prestigious Archdiocese of Boston Excellence in Education Award. This annual award honors elementary and secondary school teachers' commitment to developing saints and scholars in the Catholic schools in the Archdiocese of Boston. Honorees will receive $1,500 and are also invited to a virtual celebration with Cardinal Seán O'Malley and Superintendent of Archdiocese of Boston Catholic Schools Thomas Carroll.
The Catholic Schools Foundation is a generous supporter of this award and has been since its inception.
Administrators, staff, pastors, parents and students were encouraged to nominate excellent teachers in their schools. The Excellence in Education Award's selection committee, comprised of past recipients of the award and members of the Catholic Schools Office, reviewed the nominations to identify 10 exemplary educators.
This year’s honorees are:
- Joyce Baio, Grade 6 Religion and grade 6-8 Language Arts teacher, Saint Patrick School, Stoneham
- Jane Ellis, Grade 3, Saint Joseph School, Wakefield
- Janet Ferlisi, Pre-K teacher, Saint Charles School, Woburn- congratulations, Mrs Ferlisi !
- Michael Fitzpatrick, Grade 1, Saint Theresa of the Child Jesus School, Somerville
- Maryellen Ryan, Grade 3, Mount Alvernia Academy, Chestnut Hill
- Jarrod Brown, Mathematics teacher, Central Catholic High School, Lawrence
- Deirdre Foley, Campus Minister/Theology teacher, Malden Catholic, Malden
- EllenMarie Loycano, Mathematics teacher, Central Catholic High School, Lawrence
- Stephen Mondello, Academic Center Specialist, Arlington Catholic High School, Arlington
- Paul Moran, English and Psychology teacher, Malden Catholic, Malden